Pages

22 August 2013

Marion Smith Printables

Oh, who would have thought!  Not only can you make your own rub ons (as seen in my last post on Marion Smith Designs) but you can also make gorgeous wee shrinky dinks!  Yes, Shrink Plastic is laser and inkjet printer friendly!

The only trick really, is to adhere your shrink plastic to a regular sheet of printer paper (I use washi tape to adhere at the top of the page).

I'd like to show you the result of using Marion Smiths Printables on shrink plastic, I made a little hanging bag charm for a dear friend who is off to the other side of the world shortly, to spend some time with and farewell a terminally ill friend.  I particularly want her to remember that she is in our hearts at this time...


 
Arrow - to remind her that she belongs here - down under in NZ, and don't forget to come home!


Relics and Curiosities charms - to remind her to indulge in some retail therapy while she's gone!
Clock - to remind her that for everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven ( Ecclesiastes 3:1).

 
Butterfly - to remind her that in death, her loved friend will earn her wings and be set as free as a butterfly.


Balloon - to remind her how lucky we are to live in an age where we can easily get to our loved ones quickly, no matter how far away they are.

So grab yourselves some Shrink Plastic, download Marion's fabulous images and away you go!

I'd love to see what you create, so please leave a comment and link me back to your blog!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

queenof913@gmail.com said...

super cute Maggie!! Love your work!

Unknown said...

Great idea Maggie!

scrapaula said...

amazing, I love it!

Unknown said...

These are ADORABLE! I love shrink plastic and they make adorable charms

Lisa Walker said...

Thye are awesomely cute Maggie, I just love shrink plastic, thanks for sharing :)

Marion Smith said...

Need to try this!!